Forums > Ask & Share
Victoria Plus Member

Alterations Class @ Reading Sewing Bee

Hello All,

I mentioned in the sewcial the other week that I was going to an alterations class at my local sewing space, Reading Sewing Bee. https://readingsewingbee.co.uk/ Taught by Victoria Beaumont at Stitches in Reading. https://www.stitchesinreading.co.uk/about

The class was a whole day event, jeans and trousers in the morning and tops and dresses in the afternoon. I had a great time!!! We could take our own clothes or they had some to practice on and I learned quite a lot.

I learned how to blind hem, taper some wide trousers, fix arm hole/sleeve related issues and make shorter a tiered dress…. Who knew you don’t just chop off the bottom tier….. 🤣 I’m pleased that a lovely pair of trousers I’ve had at the back of my wardrobe are now wearable and it means I’m able to get more wear out of my own clothes by being able and confident to tweak here and there.

I throughly recommend both the sewing space and Victoria if you’re local to Berkshire.

· 4 hours ago
You must have an account to comment or reply on threads - please log in or join the community.
Sort replies by:

Join the community!

Sewing doesn't have to be solitary.

ThreadySetGo is a vibrant and welcoming space for sewists of all ages and skill levels.

It's completely free to get started!

Verify Your Email

Before being able to interact with the community you must verify your email account so we know you're a real human being!