Forums > Patterns, Plans & Makes
Stephanie_sews_stuff

Viscose Twill With Stretch - What To Make

I’ve got a lovely 130gsm viscose twill with spandex and no clue what to make

It’s 96% viscose 4% spandex

will it bag out if I make trousers? It behaves exactly as a viscose chilli and seems to need a lot of ironing too… I’m regretting the purchase mostly at the moment 🙈

· 14 hours ago
You must have an account to comment or reply on threads - please log in or join the community.
Sort replies by:
SewHayleyJane's avatar
SewHayleyJane Admin

Ooh interesting, do you know how heavy it is? I’m guessing if you’ve said it’s like a challis it pretty light weight.

I would treat it like any other viscose I think, perhaps a dress or blouse that is semi fitted to make the most of the stretch? Trousers I think would be fine too, but I’m imagining they would be lightweight floaty style which again would miss out on the stretch

· 12 hours ago
Glenda H's avatar
Glenda H Community Member

How much stretch does it have and what is the recovery like? To find the stretch take 10cms of the fabric and stretch it as much as you can along side a measure. Every cms is a 10% stretch so 10cms to 15 cms is 50% stretch, 10cms to 11cms is 10% stretch and so on. That should help in deciding what to use the fabric for.

· 12 hours ago

Join the community!

Sewing doesn't have to be solitary.

ThreadySetGo is a vibrant and welcoming space for sewists of all ages and skill levels.

It's completely free to get started!

Verify Your Email

Before being able to interact with the community you must verify your email account so we know you're a real human being!