Forums > Patterns, Plans & Makes
Alisewsteadysew Community Member

Outfit For London Frocktails 2026 (And Beyond!)

for London Frocktails 2026: I really enjoyed the creative process of making these trousers. I had an initial idea in mind and had collected inspiration pictures over the past few months. I sourced the cotton pinstripe fabric on a trip to Japan, but my ideas evolved when I saw some Hakama inspired trousers and wanted to make my own take on them. The Closet Core Mitchell trousers, a wide leg pattern I had made before was my starting point. I drafted a new left leg with more volume to create 3 pleats and a wrap to the right side. This was secured with a black kilt pin. A side pocket on the leg with ribbon detail was made, reminiscent of 90s parachute pants, giving a splash of colour. This was matched by the reverse welt pockets lined in red on the back (you can find instructions for this on the Closet Core blog - a Ginger Jean hack) I chose a cropped length and added chain and charm details inspired by seeing a reel of Ann Ringstrand’s Winterfell skirt. Finished with my own Black Rebel Sewing Machine Club label on the back and a London Frocktails one inside. The top is the Stitch Witch patterns Willa top in a cotton with ribbons that match those on the trousers. It took a while to work out what to pair the trousers with but this worked beautifully. Nike Air rift trainers completed the look and were super comfy.

· 2 hours ago
You must have an account to comment or reply on threads - please log in or join the community.
Sort replies by:

Join the community!

Sewing doesn't have to be solitary.

ThreadySetGo is a vibrant and welcoming space for sewists of all ages and skill levels.

It's completely free to get started!

Verify Your Email

Before being able to interact with the community you must verify your email account so we know you're a real human being!